So we obviously need help! Please feel free to give any advice on caring for gardens and lawns.
| I've raked half of the lawn. Needing suggestions from Jamestown friends. What is the best way to dispose of these leaves, sticks, and pine cones? |
| What is the best way to remove the leaves? Rake them? Will it ruin what is underneath? And... can I pull out those ugly (dead?) stick-like plants coming from the ground? |
Suggestions are welcome! I'm very close to pulling up everything that looks ugly to me!
Hey Brendan,
ReplyDeleteI have a lil experience in this. Yeah you can just rake that stuff out of the flower gardens around the house and a lot of the dead stick things will come with the leaves.
As for disposing of stuff there is a mulch dump thing on fluvanna right before the liquer store. I'm not sure of the hours cause they are a little funky. Hope that helps!
Marshall D.
not an expert, which you know first-hand, but some of those long dead things might be the leftovers from pic #2 MIGHT be leftovers from daylilies? if so, I would just cut them WAY back, and see what happens. as far as your leaves and sticks (missing our back 40, are you?) you will probably need to bag for pickup. plastic or paper if your eco conscious, and I know they sell the paper bags at lowes, not sure about home depot.
ReplyDeleteP.S. just be a little careful around the flowers and such.
ReplyDeleteMarshall, thanks so much for the local tips and landscaping tips!! Very helpful! Mom Lenz, thanks for the tops too!!
ReplyDelete-Brendan